Among the vegetable oils on the market, sweet almond oil is one of the most famous. In fact, in addition to having cosmetic benefits, it also has many therapeutic virtues. It is also one of the oils best tolerated by all skin types. An essential ally of organic cosmetics, sweet almond oil is effective for skin, hair and nails.
The origins of sweet almond
Softening, moisturizing and soothing, the benefits of sweet almond oil have been known since ancient times. Native to Central Asia, the Almond tree is a fruit tree with a long life span. Indeed, it lives more than 100 years. Its shell contains the almond, as delicious as it is therapeutic. Sweet almond oil is extracted from the almond, the fruit of the almond tree, known for its great benefits on cardiovascular health.
The fruit contains an oil rich in vitamins A (which improves skin elasticity), B, D and E (which accelerates cell repair), omega 6 and 9 fatty acids, and many minerals. The latter have an important role in preventing premature aging of the skin. Sweet almond oil is also rich in zinc, iron and copper.
The Egyptians used almond oil as a skin care product in ancient times. They also added almonds to the bread that was served to the Pharaohs. As for Greece, it began to cultivate almond trees in quantity. The almond is then consumed in all its forms: food (in milk or pure) and in care. The use of the almond has thus crossed the ages, and constitutes today the essential of our kitchens and bathrooms.
How is sweet almond oil obtained?
Virgin sweet almond oil is obtained by mechanical pressure. The seeds are cleaned and pressed by first cold pressing, without chemical treatment. The oil is filtered and then stored in a place at room temperature.
Benefits of sweet almond oil
Sweet almond oil has many general health benefits. No wonder it is found in many cosmetic products and food supplements today! But then, what are the benefits of sweet almond oil?
Sweet almond oil treats skin conditions, moisturizes and nourishes the skin, prevents the appearance of scars, prevents stretch marks, fights skin aging, improves hair health, fights diabetes and cholesterol, aids digestion, calms coughs and relieves bronchitis, and strengthens nails.
The benefits of sweet almond oil on the skin
Thanks to its numerous active ingredients, sweet almond oil has real virtues on the skin. It is often recommended for the delicate skin of babies and children. For adults, as a day cream and body moisturizer, sweet almond oil is an essential ingredient to include in a beauty routine. Applied to the skin, it is :
- Softening: allied to sensitive skin, this oil helps prevent the appearance of stretch marks and brings softness and comfort to the skin.
- Nourishing: it intensely nourishes dry skin.
- Soothing: it relieves irritations and itching, which are reabsorbed thanks to its emollient action. It has therapeutic virtues to fight against specific problems such as eczema or psoriasis.
- Fortifying: sweet almond oil protects the skin from external aggressions and thus strengthens the hydrolipidic film. It restores suppleness and shine.
The benefits of sweet almond oil on the hair
Just like castor oilSweet almond oil is known to nourish the hair fiber and to be a good alternative to hair care. It is a very complete natural beauty care for the hair. Do you have dry, dull, damaged or brittle hair? Indeed, this vegetable oil is very greasy and therefore very effective on hair in poor health. Sweet almond oil makes your hair shinier, nourishes and strengthens it. Moreover, this oil is suitable for all hair types. Sweet almond oil :
- Fights dandruff
- Soothes irritation and itching of the scalp
- Repairs damaged lengths
- Deeply moisturizes hair
- Promotes hair growth
The application of sweet almond oil to the hair also helps to regulate sebum production and therefore treats hair that is quickly greasy. To enjoy the benefits of sweet almond oil on the hair, it is recommended to use it as a hair mask. Simply apply a tablespoon of vegetable oil to the entire skull and massage gently. Leave on overnight, then rinse with one or two shampoos the next day.
The benefits of sweet almond oil on nails
Housework, use of unsuitable products, poor hygiene... are all factors that can damage your nails on a daily basis. This is where almond oil has its role to play. To have strong and healthy nails, the regular use of a specific oil is recommended. If your nails are brittle and dry, treat them once a day. The more assiduous you are, the more your nails will be in shape. The essential fatty acids of sweet almond oil will provide all the essential elements to repair your nails. It is all the same more pleasant to have well-groomed nails, for you and for those around you!
Why choose an organic sweet almond oil?
In order to preserve the properties that sweet almond oil contains, it must be extracted mechanically and at low temperature. This is called the cold pressure. Sweet almond oil must not have undergone any treatment, either before or after pressing. The oil must therefore be virgin.
Most of the sweet almond oils available in supermarkets contain chemicals, which are considered as endocrine disruptors. Indeed, these chemical substances can alter the oil's natural active ingredients. The oil therefore loses its benefits and will certainly not have the expected result on your skin, hair or nails. Sweet almond oil must be organic to avoid traces of pesticides.which greatly deteriorate the quality. It is easily found in organic stores, or online on organic cosmetics sites.
Indeed, non-organic oils tend to disrupt the sebaceous glands and weaken the skin's defenses. It would be a pity to use a product that is not effective and that can bring you more problems. To optimize your chances of having healthy skin and hair, choose a 100% pure and natural sweet almond oil !
How to recognize sweet almond oil in organic cosmetics?
Sweet almond oil is often used on its own, but it is also often found in cosmetic products. It is sometimes under another name. To ensure its presence in the product you are ready to buy, refer to the list of its components, also called INCI. If the ingredient "prunus amygdalus dulcis oil" appears, your cosmetic product does contain sweet almond oil.
Sweet almond oil in synergy
Sweet almond oil is sometimes associated with other vegetable or essential oils. The mixture of the active ingredients makes it possible to formulate care or massage oils. Certain associations will make it possible to target a precise problem, and to reinforce the solution. For example, to eliminate the sensation of dry beard in men and make it silky, the association ofsweet almond oil with avocado, jojoba, sesame and castor oil allows an optimal effectiveness. Each of these ingredients contains natural active ingredients capable of beautifying the beard, moisturizing and softening the hair.
The best cosmetic products that contain organic sweet almond oil
Organic beard oil, organic beard balm, organic moisturizing cream, organic repair serum, organic shampoo ... Sweet almond oil has so many virtues that it is found in many cosmetic products. If you are convinced of the benefits of organic sweet almond oil, here is a list of the best products that contain it to take the plunge:
- Organic beard oil with hemp Beard oil : composed of sunflower, sweet almond and hemp oil, this beard oil brings softness to your hairs. It deeply nourishes the skin and maintains a healthy and fresh beard throughout the day.
- Organic 5 in 1 beard oil: composed of 8 organic vegetable oils including sweet almond oil, this beard oil is specially concocted to make your beard soft and shiny, without making it greasy.
- Shampoo shower 2 in 1: made only of natural products, the 2 in 1 shower shampoo is perfect for washing your skin and hair daily, without damaging them. Sweet almond oil, baobab oil and aloe vera cleanse and moisturize, while leaving a pleasant and fresh scent.
- Organic protective cream: this cream has been specially created to fight against climatic conditions that are aggressive factors for the skin. A specific thought for adventurous men, lovers of hiking and nature outings who should always have it on them! With shea butter, sweet almond proteins, beeswax and other radiant oils ...
- Lemon Beard Balm Lemon Beard Balm : created with sweet almond, coconut oil and beeswax, the lemon beard balm brings freshness, moisturizes and softens. It helps regulate sebum production and helps structure hair. Perfect for a man who wants to take care of himself!
- Organic anti-aging moisturizing cream This cream has a repairing action on the skin, thanks to the sumptuous blends of sweet almond oil, jojoba, vitamin E and brown seaweed. It smoothes the surface of the skin and strengthens the epidermis. A genuine anti-ageing cream, it maintains collagen and elastin levels in the skin.
- Organic beard oil spray A beautiful blend of sweet almond oil, argan oil and grape seed oil in a super-practical spray! Effective in stimulating hair growth, this organic beard oil also soothes tightness.
- Organic Hair Serum This organic, alcohol-free serum made from natural ingredients nourishes and moisturizes your hair. After the beach, pool or sunbathing, the organic serum softens and offers a feeling of intense cleanliness and freshness.
Precautions for use of sweet almond oil
Sweet almond oil is not recommended for people allergic to nuts, even if it is used externally. Sweet almond oil should not be heated. It can be mixed with other vegetable oils and stored away from heat.